Skip to content ↓

Free School Meals

Who is entitled?

You are entitled if you receive any of the following:

  • Income Support (IS)
  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
  • Employment Support Allowance – income related (ESA(IR))
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190
  • Guarantee element of the State Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit during the 4-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week. You will have a letter from HMRC stating that you are entitled to a 4-week ‘run on’ of Working Tax Credit’

What do you need to do? 

All we need is your name, national insurance number and date of birth. We can then use the Local Authority to check your entitlement, it’s that simple! 

Please be assured that the system is secure and your details will not be shared with any other organisation. Please either contact the office if you want to apply for free school meals or complete the attached application form.